In Mexico City, as a student, it is hard to find a place to have a good meal so you have to eat whatever is served in your school. Here you can check the kind of food served at my school’s cafeteria:
Sandwiches or “cuernitos” (croissant)
- turkey ham
- breaded beef
- breaded chicken breast
- Cuban (with all the ingredients above)
All of them with some onion, tomato and jalapeño pepper. You can add some cheese for extra money.
All served with tomato, onion, lettuce, jalapeño pepper, ketchup and mustard, and you can add cheese, extra cheese, bacon or pineapple.
You can ask them with some cheese and spicy sauce.
- Hot dogs (with chopped onion and tomato, and jalapeño pepper)
- Pizza (for one person, pepperoni or cheese)
- “Choriqueso” (a combination of spicy pork sausage and cheese)
- Skewered appetizers
- Nachos (with cheese and jalapeño pepper)
- French fries
- “Maruchan” (instant noodle soup)
Breakfast in a combo (orange juice or fruit and coffee or tea)
- Eggs as you like: with ham, sausages or bacon, “divorciados” (a sunny side egg on a fried tortilla with some red sauce and another one with green sauce), Mexican style (with some chopped red tomato, onion and sliced green chilli pepper) or “rancheros” (sunny side eggs on a fried tortilla, sauce and some lemon juice).
- Enchiladas (tortillas dipped in sauce or mole with some chicken breast, some sour cream, some cheese and onion): green (green tomato sauce) or red (Mexican “mole”).
- Chicken “Flautas”: rolled tortillas with chicken breast in the inside, also with sour cream, cheese, lettuce and spicy sauce or “guacamole” (green tomato sauce with avocado).
- “Chilaquiles” (fried pieces of tortilla dipped in sauce): red (spicy red tomato sauce) or green (spicy green tomato sauce) with sour cream, cheese and chicken breast.
- Aguas frescas (cool drinks): prepared with a mix of fruit (pineapple, watermelon, melon, lemon) ice and sugar.
- Orange juice
- Milkshake: chocolate, strawberry or vanilla.
As you can see, we don’t have many options to eat healthily but all the options are very delicious
Look at the meals, which ingredient is not part of the recipe?